Word on the street is that it’s going to reach 60 degrees today! This is epic news in my book – I cannot wait to go for a walk on my lunch break Here are 5 things I cannot wait to do in NYC as the weather continues to get better and better!
1. The High Line – the first time I took a walk on the High line was 3 years ago when I was on an Art Department trip to visit a few galleries and museums for class. I took advantage of any of these trips even when my classes did not require my attendance because I loved any excuse to visit the city, not to mention there was always a fantastic lunch with an abundance of wine!
2. Shorts! – I cannot wait to start wearing shorts! We’ve all been wearing pants and tights for too long, bring on the Shorts!! Here are some of my favorites!
3. Roof top bars – I moved into New York as the season was ending for the roof top bar scene, can’t wait to get into that groove. Walking to and from work everyday, I pass by the Beer Bar on the back end of Grand Central on 45th and Vanderbilt. I was SOO excited to see the aluminum chairs and tables stacked and ready to be placed last week – it eased the sub-par temperatures and gave me a rush of excitement that Spring in fact was on its way!
4. Statue of Liberty Ferry – I know it sounds touristy, but a) I Love boats ((channeling my inner McDreamy here with my ferry boat)) and any excuse to be on one & b) one of my first memories of being in NYC was when my mom took my brothers and younger sister and I along on a trip with 3 other families down to the Seaport. We went with 3 other families and had lunch and a tour of Ellis Island – there must have been 15 of us!! Funny how you remember little random days from childhood!
5. Food Trucks! – My brother and I work 10 blocks away and we used to meet in the middle on 47th where Vanderbilt ends, between Madison and Park to get lunch once a week when the weather was nice…I cannot wait for the trucks to start lining up again! Click here to find an NYC food truck near you!
psssttt: If you are not already a member of Hautelook, click here! They have a great Rebecca Minkoff sale going on today!
(Images High Line, Beer Bar, Statue of Liberty,)