Valentine’s Day has always reminded me of my parents…not because they are a sappy couple who like to celebrate their love on this day, but because they both make a conscious effort to send me something a little special….so much so that one year I received a beautiful arrangement of long stemmed red roses, the kind you get from a significant other…I was a senior away at boarding school when I received a note in my mailbox that I had a package. In my mind, I thought it would be a package filled with confetti, candy and a card – the trifecta from my mom…well that was there. but so was a huge arrangement of red roses. I flushed with embarrassment but was also subduedly excited…who where they from?! Well as the story goes, the card was signed “Your Secret Admirer”. Now going to a small school, I thought that this was a prank, or I had in fact received flowers that were intended for someone else…nope neither were true. When I called home that night to check in, I had a normal “catch up” conversation with my Mom and her closing question was…”Oh and did you get the flowers your father and I sent you?!” Two words. Buzz. Kill.
Here’s to a little mystery in your Valentine’s day, whether it be spent with you parents, significant other, group of gal pals or laying low solo – treat yourself to something special this year! Below are some treats I like to give (or receive!)
- Roller Rabbit Notebook – everybody writes things down, why knot give them a cute place to keep track of their thoughts and to-do’s?!
- Gold Heart Earrings – a simple statement earring, perfect for the occasion!
- Diptyque Candle – beautiful smelling candle, in roses of course!
- Essie Knockout Pout – perfect shade for a cheerful mani/pedi!
- Hanky Panky – the perfect gift for any gal, yours truly included!
- AE Boxers – a gift for your beau….no…..a gift for moi! I have a handful of brothers and my mom always gave them themed boxers depending on the holiday….she quickly learned to include me on that trend! They are my favorite thing to sleep in! See more here and here.
- CeCe Shift Mini – the shift dress is probably one of my favorite styles. You can dress it down with flats or even casual sneaks, but just as easily dress it up.
- J.Crew pink skirt – Love this shape and more importantly, color of this mini!
- Lancome Juicy Tube – Probably my most cherished (at the time) valentines day gift – 7th great was a (errr) good? year…
- Heath Paine socks – this gift is a double win – chic men’s socks that won’t stink when he kicks back to take off his shoes (insert thumbs up emoji here)
- La Mer Watch – I have one of these La Mer watches, and I love the look of it wrapped around your wrist!
- Stella McCartney Bucket Bag – such a great bucket bag, love this hue of pink!
- Beer Mug – we all know guys (and gals 😉 ) like to drink beer…give him what he won’t know he wanted til he got it this year…monogrammed beer steins!
- Roller rabbit sleep shirt – talk about dreamy, these PJs are a favorite
- J.Crew Men’s Tie – perfect pop of pink for your guy…
- Parisian phone case – since we can’t all go to the city of love for the weekend, why not bring a taste of Paris to you?!
- Michael Kors peach face watch – cause ever girl needs a staple go to gold watch…this one with a hint of peachy pink!
- Smathers & Branson coasters – Great gift for the man in your life, super functional too!
- Cuff links – I love these Chinese inspired, simple cufflinks on guys, great way to add some color to their wardrobe!
- Book of Mormon Tickets – I think the idea of giving a gift that is an event is a superb route to take. The gift that gives twice!
- Chanel chance – a favorite, flirty scent of mine.